Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Two Thousand Fourteen Resolved

I finished my New Year's Resolution list yesterday. Cutting it a bit close. 

Looking back on last year's list, I found that most things were "for the most part" accomplished. I set high goals, but only reached two to their entirety. I achieved many things and reached a number of checkpoints, but not as many as I'd hoped. 

However, I have no guilt about these shortcomings. I am very proud of what I did accomplish, and I can already see the changes and strides I've made in these areas of my life: home, career, leadership and personal enrichment. 

While I do have another list of 10 attainable, yet challenging goals (which I will later break down into smaller, manageable goals over time), I've picked a few themes to help reinforce what I want to do this year.





1) Dark Horse
dark horse is a little-known person or thing that emerges to prominence, especially in a competition of some sort[1] or a contestant that seems unlikely to succeed.[2] — via Wikipedia.

I know what is expected of me. I know I can do more. As suggested in a previous post, make a playlist of empowering songs and listen to it often. This completely changes my outlook on the day, and makes even the most uneventful day seem like I did it with some swagger.


2) Ronda Rousey
It is ridiculous how much of an athlete she is. What's even more ridiculous is how much she doesn't care about her persona. I've been told that I can be formidable at times; but when it comes down to the hard stuff, I want to be…dangerous. 


3) Lead by Example
This is something I've sworn to do for my role as Alumnae President. But this year, I want to see it reflected in the people around me. If I challenge myself, make the effort to pass on the flame, explain the "Why I do what I do", it will make an impact and bring out the drive in others. This is the most important reason to go the extra mile.


4) Curated
While this mostly pertains to what I do online as @CoxswainPatti, it is big theme to my own personal life and growth. I'm not taking pictures of my food everyday, or taking endless bad selfies on Instagram. What I put online should be a honest reflection of myself (my brand). Additionally, what I do with my life should have meaning/purpose. Even if I do things for fun, there is always something "in it" for me.


With that said, here are my 2014 resolutions:
1) Read at least 25 books (7,500 pages)
2) Continue to make our home THE home
3) Reach 150 runners for the River Run.
4) Achieve 30% participation in the Annual Fund
5) 52-Week Saving Challenge for SMS Annual Fund
6) Save +$100/month for our Euro 2015 trip
7) Find a new job that is both challenging and well-paying.
8) Take more photos. Make the most out of the places I travel to.
9) Reach the 5,500-minute mark in NTC
10) Be at 20% BMI


No comments:

Post a Comment