Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Travel Tuesday - New York City

I am lucky enough to travel for work. Fun travel, though. I'm not flying out every week, being rootless and living out of hotels. But, I do average about one trip a month to a nice domestic destination. Unfortunately, my next trip isn't coming for another 4 weeks.

So for this month, or week, my ideal destination is New York City.

I have visited NYC before, with a group of guys in a mom van, too poor to go shopping, and not enough time to do anything besides Central Park and a Yankee Game. 

It has been my lifelong desire to go to New York, and not only enjoy a good tourist experience, but go crazy shopping.  So just throwing some ideas around, here would be my ideal NYC itinerary:

-The Statue of Liberty

-The Guggenheim, the Metropolitan Museum and the MoMA 

-Running/Boat Rowing in Central Park 

-Rockefeller Center Ice Skating

-A substantial, multi-day, multi-sectional food crawl (including food trucks)

-A Yankee and Mets Game in each of their new stadiums 

-NY Rangers Hockey Game at MSG

-Audience Tickets for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (particularly for Slow Jam the News)

-Book of Mormon on Broadway

-Shopping at Bergdorf's

-Serendipity

-Afternoon Tea

-Cocktails at Top of the Rock

-A New York Bagel and Lox brunch

-Big Gay Ice Cream Shop

-Used book shopping at Argosy and The Strand

-Metropolitan Opera House and Museum




No comments:

Post a Comment