Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites

Last weekend was a busy one, with lots of family, things to plan, and food to make.


This weekend, there is only one thing to focus on: The Peachtree City 10K.
This is my first race as an Atlanta Track Club member. I've done one other 10K previously, and it's a big mile marker for my Tough Mudder training.


Consequently it is my #1 Friday Favorite this week.


1) 2012 Peachtree City 5K/10K
Registration is now closed, but you can still do race-day registration 30 minutes before the race!



Rock My Run is a website that provides FREE running music that has been mixed by top upcoming DJs. I've downloaded the Grrl Power Mix and the Dubstep mix and they are perfect. Join their website and you get one music credit for every month you are a member. Use those credits to download new mixes. It's the real music, not popular songs that have been rerecorded by someone else. 



3) Nike Hyperwarm 
My Hyperwarm hoodie is Neon Orange with a darker orange print left sleeve. It's super nice with fuzzy insulation, but still good for dry wicking. No lie, I probably glow in the dark as well.  Now if only someone would magically gift me the new Nike FuelBand, I would be set...

 


4) Haywire
This movie has an amazing male cast, but more importantly, I love how Gina Carano was a MMA fighter and an American Gladiator. I don't want to chalk this up to The Bourne Identity meets Salt, because I didn't really go for either of those movies. But, you'll have my full report and review this weekend. Trailer below.



5) Dev "The Night the Sun Came Up"
This album is not available. It has been delayed since September and I'm dying. Every now and then, I get on YouTube and listen to the album preview, even though the track list has probably been changed multiple times. So far, my favorite track is "Killer", a very nice homage to Fiona Apple's Criminal. Not sure if that was the goal, but it's a great song as are most of the songs. 

Album Preview below, via YouTube.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment