Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

Another Friday, and more favorites. 
Have a great weekend, and like in Zombieland, enjoy the little things...


1) Atlanta Winter Beerfest
It's not food, but it's foodie. I'm not a huge fan of beer, so I fully intend on walking in with a sippy cup. A glorified shot glass will be enough for me. Now if only I could drive a stick shift, I could be DD.
I believe tickets are still available!

2) A Dangerous Method vs. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
I decided that this weekend I would go solo to a movie. The BF isn't really into either of these films, so I get to choose. Which one, which one.... Trailers below to weigh your vote.


Regardless of my choice, we will probably end up seeing Underworld (his choice) as well.


 


3) Barnes & Noble Dates
At the beginning of the month, I planned an ice skating date for one Friday night. Discount tickets were available via SweetJack, so I got them and we got in the car. However, the tickets I purchased were not valid until after that weekend, boo. So since we were already out and already had dinner, we made it a Starbucks/Barnes&Noble date. Tall coffees and an hour and a half going through new books, magazines, and making the most of a B&N membership.

I'm not a e-Reader person. Something about them bothers my eyes, and I'm not the same reader. Seriously, everything I read on an e-Reader goes in and out of my brain and I can't recall anything. Physical Books are my preference, and I can always make room in bag.



4) 48-hour Oscar movie showcase
Speaking of indie flicks, I look forward to the annual Oscar nominations. A few years ago, a friend was able to get a hold of all 5 Oscar movies via "Please consider X for your Academy Award nomination" copies. We got through 3 movies in an evening, and although I was a bit exhausted, it was pretty bad ass. 

Also every year, there is always one theatre that will do a 48-hour weekend showcase of all the Best Picture Nominees: 5 movie on Saturday, 5 on Sunday. This is a huge time commitment but I've always wanted to do it. Plus, most of these movies I would end up seeing alone anyway. Which brings me to another point: Don't judge a movie by its budget.



5) Brownies
I've been wanting brownies for days. They appeared in a dream one night (not joking) and seemed to taunt me for days since. So I finally gave in and made them. I used a boxed mix and added: espresso powder, extra special dark cocoa powder, and a variety of milk, semi-sweet, and 60% cocao chips. I then put them in a smaller pan so that I would have super thick, fudge brownies that won't dry out. This is a weakness, getting chocolate wasted. No excuses, no buts. It's bad, and I know it...


Here's the Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment