Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Travel Tuesday - Island Retreat

It is a dreary 59 degrees in Atlanta right now. There have been some bright sunny days, and my new orange Spring coat are making the best of it. But, I am dying to find a warm sunny beach. And after the Tough Mudder and cross-country travel of the last two weeks, I would like a slice of spa with that beach.

So this week's Travel Tuesday brings us to Hawaii. I could've picked a Cribbean locale, but I've never been to Hawaii and have watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall way too many times. 


Of all the hotels and spas on all the Hawaiian Islands, I picked the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea for this imaginary trip. It is a top-rated resort with a top-rated spa and fitness facility, and definitely not a cheap find. But this is my Travel Tuesday fantasy, and I do what I want….

As a forewarning, since I do not know the islands very well, to do everything on this list might require an island hopper plane.

-(Active) Volcano Hike. 
You can even spend the night in the Haleakala volcano crater.

-Sunrise Beach Yoga

-Learn to Surf, and probably swallow a gallon of seawater

-Charter a catamaran and go snorkeling (yes, it's Real Housewives style)

-Spa Day, including a very long massage and a chiropractor visit

-Eat everything in sight. I love the Asian influence, and how Hawaiian cuisine evolved

-"Trek across Maui's most recent lava flow along the coast at La PĂ©rouse; or climb Haleakala and descend for a hike into the crater's backcountry. Walk into a rainforest echoing with the songs of birds found nowhere else on the planet. There are trails to waterfalls with plunge pools for swimming, and walks into valleys so deep they never see a sunrise or a sunset."—About.com

-Whale-watching tour

-Beach BBQ for dinner

-Spend the night in the Haleakala volcano crater

-Snorkel inside the Molokini Crater

-Layout on the beach…all day, preferably in a Cabana

-One/All of the listed: horseback riding, zip lining, rafting, scooting on a vespa, sea kayaking


No comments:

Post a Comment