Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Favorites - Here's to...

This week was challenging in that I was never late or lost, but there was always the potential to be. I had to create multiple lists, chase down multiple people for multiple events, and in the end, it wasn't even worth complaining about because the BF's week was much more of a train wreck than mine.


So here's to the less-than-wonderful five days that make those never-long-enough weekends seem so worth it.


1) Bourbon, Beer & BBQ Festival
This is my big thing for the weekend. Food. I have had a severe shortage of vegetables this week and it's about to get even worse. Here's to being Southern, and hungry, in the South.





2) Banana Republic
This was my big thing for last weekend. At Banana Republic, I got 30% off a gorgeous new, Red-orange Spring coat. Here's to little presents every now and then, that makes just a little more excited to go outside.
Mine's Red-Orange. Easy to Spot
3) Vacation Days
After the last couple weeks, what I've been really looking forward to is a day off. I don't have a vacation planned by any means, but one of my resolutions was actually using my comp days. By the end of this year, I will have accumulated 8 weekend comp days in addition to my 15 vacation days. Here's to my first actual day off, next next Monday. Fingers crossed it will actually be nice out. 
A Stormtrooper's Day Off
4) H. Harper Station
Last week's dinner date was cancelled due to people who don't know when to stop clicking on spam. So tonight is a Take #2. Here's to Candied Bacon Popcorn Balls at this self-appointed "Southern Watering Hole," making this date night twice as nice.




5) Backwards
It's a movie about competitive rowing, with Dawson and a much bigger creek. I'm not a fan of the Schuylkill River, but this is a movie I can get behind. Bonus points if you remembered that Pacey also stroked the Yale 8+ in The Skulls.


I picked this photo because if you look at the middle bridge pylon, there is an orange F with an x through it. Below it, it says "No Outsiders." I get a little proud… Go Gators!
Not sure why I can't find the trailer anywhere else, but here is the link to the trailer: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150713814714772


Here's to a movie trailer that makes you wonder if you really could've been a professional coxswain…




No comments:

Post a Comment