Thursday, April 12, 2012

Early Thursday Favorites

Since I will be flying to Vancouver this afternoon, and fully plan on being worthless for the following day, I decided to be proactive and hit up these Friday Favorites during a splendid (and rare) Thursday morning off. 


1) Fifty Shades of Grey
I don't read Harlequin books, but this is ten kinds of hott. I can't even call it a guilty pleasure because I am openly supportive of this kinky…ness. I read this thing in a little more than a day, and while it's not a masterful work of literature, I already have the next two books in the trilogy on order. As much as I hate reading on my phone, I might not make it until next Friday when the books arrive…

















2) Beach Houses
As a vacation for a couple of our couple friends, the BF and I are organizing a week-long beach trip in North Carolina. Things are coming along very well, and now we're just getting our dates set to sign a lease. I've been dreaming of tanning, beach barbecues and torturous beach runs. Fingers crossed for no hurricanes…





3) Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival
Apparently Vancouver has Cherry Blossoms. 
Move over, DC. I'll be working during the weekend festival events, but I'm hoping they provide some gorgeous scenery during my run in Stanley Park.


4) Florida Crew Alumni
The Informal Alumni Council sent out our first email appeal and update on Tuesday, and we've gotten some great responses from alums, new and old. Now comes the hard part of building a database and strong foundation for the council. Suggestions and encouragement are always welcome!




5) Flight Upgrades
I have a total flight time of seven hours 
tonight getting to BC. And nothing is better than having a first class upgrade for part of that trip. Thank you, Delta. Ever since those young days in Dusty's Den, you've been giving me free stuff 
and lots of Coke. Fingers crossed 
for a return trip of the same nature. 






No comments:

Post a Comment