Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Favorites

I actually have a number of favorites this week. They're like Easter eggs popping up. Lots of things are happening this summer, so I am in full planning, ticket reservation mode. For someone who has never really used her PayPal account, it's getting a lot of use today.


1) Amazing Weekend #1 (April 20-22)
It's strange how certain dates and events coincide with each other. Sometimes they're few and far between. But every now and then, things fall into place so nicely and make for a really great weekend.

  • April 20-The Pretty Reckless at the Masquerade
  • April 21-ATL Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park
  • April 22-Zooma Women's Half Marathon at Lake Lanier



2) Merritt's Birthday
My absolute best friend is turning a wonderful 27 next week. So to celebrate, we're taking a much needed trip to Jamaica next month! Apparently, my mom has allowed me to go swimming, but not too much, or else I'll be eaten by sharks. Damn.


3) Amazing Weekend #2 (July 13-15+)
Same as #1, but possibly better.

  • July 13-Summerland Tour in Atlanta, with Lit, Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray, Everclear and Marcy Playground.
  • July 14-Decatur 4-miler and the Atlanta Street Food Festival
  • July 15-Fly to Phoenix for work, come back to the Braves vs. SF Giants

4) Vancouver, BC
Next week, I'm off to Vancouver for five days. After visiting there last summer, it's definitely one of my favorite food cities. Urban Tea Merchant is my favorite of the favorites, not only for their crazy selection of teas, but also because they put so much effort in their Afternoon Tea. So pleasant…

5) Brownie Pudding and Cake Batter Confetti Cookies         
For Easter, we'll be going to a barbecue/potluck with friends. These two desserts will be my contribution. The BF has the strangest love of rainbow sprinkles, and I have a brownie addiction. Don't ask.


Be careful with those peanut butter eggs this weekend, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment