Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Favorites

Happy February! All of the Valentine and groundhog talk have got me feeling a bit anxious for the Spring. But even on the select days when I can open up the windows, I need a little bit of a push. So here's what's getting me through this week, Friday Favorites.


1) Spa Days
Spa days is a bit of an exaggeration, but I haven't had a manicure in a considerably long time. Eyebrows, pedicure, very much looking forward to it on Saturday. Tough Mudder with pretty pink nails? Very classy. Might even have time for Target, maybe the mall, don't know if we'll have enough time...







2) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
I admit, as much of a Jane Austen fan I am, I have not made it through Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. However, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is awesome. Such a funny, strangely historical book that started out as a gag gift for my boyfriend. He read it, his friends read it, and I finally finished reading it early last month. I didn't want to do a book review, I will say keep an eye out for the movie trailer!






3) Farmer's Market Shopping
In Atlanta, we are a little spoiled. Your Dekalb Farmer's Market is amazing. Fresh vegetables, bulk spices and international items, an on-site bakery, butcher, and fishmonger; anything you could every want is there. I get lots of dinner ideas there and even come out with special treats: half loaves of challah bread, fresh shellfish, fresh cheese that hasn't been super processed or packaged. Get there early, or have fun dodging the cart traffic, 7 days a week.




4) High Road Craft Ice Cream
I first heard about High Road from 365Atlanta. High Road hosts a free tour of their factory, right outside of the Atlanta perimeter. You could sample any flavors they had in the back and even purchase 2.5 of 5 Liter tubs of ice cream. Now they have pints available, and not only are they at the best Atlanta restaurants, but they're at Whole Foods.  They still offer their rockstar tour every Saturday, and you can order they're amazing ice cream online. My favorite is Caffeine and Cacao.



5) Kim Yu Na at the 2010 Winter Olympics
In the spirit of all the London 2012 Olympics commercials, and Shaun White's perfect SuperPipe run at the X-games, I wanted to post this. Yu Na Kim from Korea gave what I believe is one of the most beautiful, perfect ice skating performances ever. Ice skating is definitely not my thing, as shown by my fairly stiff posture at the rink last week; but I love and appreciate this routine. 






Something extraordinary to leave you with for the weekend!


...In order to get ahead, you must be willing to disrupt the way you live...
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment