Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Travel Tuesday - Memphis

Next week, I head to Memphis for a conference. This will be my second time visiting, but again this will be a solo trip. No almost-maybe, semi-destructive relationship to accompany me. 

A short anecdote: When I was a little one, I used to think the song Walking in Memphis went, "…walking with my feet 10-feet of the pier." 

That totally doesn't make sense, he'd totally be in the river. "…walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale," makes more sense.

So download some Elvis and check out this Memphis itinerary:


Stop by Rendezvous for the best ribs ever
Be prepared to wait in line.

Do you like your dinner to come in threes? Book a reservation at Flight

Buy a day-pass to Graceland

See the Peabody ducks at the Peabody hotel, then plan for High Tea that afternoon

Ride the Main Street Trolley

Visit their numerous music museums and recording studios

Walk the bars and restaurants on Beale Street

Visit the Memphis Zoo and Audubon Park

As far as bars go, I like the Flying Saucer Draught Emporium
Great for watching March Madness games, too.



Check out this blog for a full calendar before your visit: www.ilovememphisblog.com





Happy Travel Blues Tuesday! 
At least they're the good blues this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment