Friday, March 16, 2012

A Friday To-Do List

Friday Favorites is my weekly blog post on my favorite things for the week/end. It serves as a weekly reminder that even though things can really suck, there is always an opportunity to enjoy something great, even if it is just a sweet snack or a short workout.


But this Friday, I have a mission. This weekend is supposed to be rainy in the ATL. So instead of going out, I have a list of things to do before next week's heat wave starts (in addition to watch March Madness).


1) Saturday starts a week-long vegetarian diet. 
I have set rules on this, however. Fish and shellfish are allowed. Dairy products and eggs are allowed. Dining out is conditional. This is an effort to have a more plant-based meals in the home. Even though I know I will never be a full vegetarian, I can significantly cut out meat from my daily routine.


Forks over Knives - Official Trailer


2) Spring Cleaning
Spring officially starts March 20th, and a rainy saturday is a perfect excuse for spring cleaning. See Thursday's Post for why.
Click here for an awesome Spring Cleaning Infographic by Credit Donkey.


3) 31 Days of Adventure
I found this site on Twitter. I'm not a "positive daily affirmation"-type person, but I am one who like a challenge. This site gives you a daily prompt to find small adventures in your everyday life. They start easy, then get a little more involved. Sure, why not?
http://www.31daysofadventure.com/
4) Office/Organization Ideas
One condition of not moving apartments this year was I get to redecorate our office. It is technically a sunroom, but it's so oddly shaped that you can't really put in substantial furniture. New season, new work space. 

5) Get to the Gym
I've been bad, really bad. I've averaged one workout a week for the last four weeks. For shame…there are officially 36 days until the Zooma Half. 
6) Reward
I think the reward is a big part of any accomplishment. Not to say that a reward is an incentive; work is necessary to make your life awesome. But, a reward every now and then makes life a little sweeter. Especially if that reward is at Banana Republic, or Sephora, or the Nike Store…just saying...




No comments:

Post a Comment