Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Heart Austin, TX

I've never been a huge fan of Texas, for a multitude of obvious and some not-so-obvious reasons. However, Austin is the exception to the rule and is always a ton of fun

Cowboy boots aren't necessary, but shorts and SPF are. Here are the highlights of my weekend:


Sixth Street: Great food, great bars, great music. Definitely the place to be at night. Not to mention, the bars are so much bigger in Texas.



Poolside: My hotel luckily had a rooftop pool. Now if only we could break into it at midnight…




A Coolhaus ice cream sandwich for me.
Food Trucks: Austin does have great food trucks, unfortunately they were not around this holiday weekend. However, after a little searching, I found CoolHaus, a make your own ice cream sandwich truck. I chose a butterscotch-potato chip cookie with Woodford Reserve-Bacon ice cream. Coolhaus is based in these US cities: Austin, Dallas, LA, NYC and Miami. They're more than welcome to come to Atlanta…






Easy Tiger: Officially my favorite place during this past visit. Great bakery in the front, an awesome beer garden below with ping pong and a creekside patio. I even had time for a german pretzel and bratwurst lunch before heading home. 



Moonshine: Food is so-so, but it has a great outdoor bar and patio, and you meet some pretty awesome people while you're waiting.




Congress Ave. Bridge Bats: Go see them around 5:45pm.



I've also updated my favorite Austin restaurants are on the list, The Coxswain Table. Check them out next time you visit!




No comments:

Post a Comment