Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bigger

I like big things. I like when big things happen and everything changes. I like doing big things, and then all of a sudden, it's onto the next big thing. This isn't about being materialistic and looking for the bigger, better deal. Its about making big things happen for you. Its about wanting to conquer things, to grow and nurture things.


I also like little things. Little things that get through the tough times. Little things that are really big things in disguise. These are about appreciating things, and not forgetting things.


A big thing is taking your first swing on a trapeze. A little thing is sharing it with a friend. Another big thing is finding yourself in a great relationship. The little thing is knowing that if you weren't, you'd still be just fine being single. 
Some things are big and beautiful, and turn your world upside down. Other things are small and comforting, and they fill in the cracks in our foundation.


I've been looking for big things lately. My next big experience, so to speak. Here and now. I think to make big things happen, you've got to put yourself in big situations, uncomfortable situations. They say "Go Big or Go Home." Luckily, I already have a nice little home filled with great little things. So big things it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment