Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friday Favorite - Saying Yes

I confess: I watch Bravo's MissAdvised. It makes me miss dating, and even more, telling crazy dating stories. I don't have a favorite on the show, but I do like Emily's mantra "Say Yes to Everything."


This weekend is shaping up to be a crazy 36-hours; thanks in part to this mantra. On top of an already full weekend, before boarding the plane to Phoenix, I now have an even more packed Saturday as you'll read below. But hey, you just say "yes" when things like this happen. 


Here are my Favorites to say "Yes" to for this crazy weekend:


1) Happy Bastille Day, now celebrate…
As per previous post, this weekend consisted of the Summerland Tour tonight, a 4-mile race bright and early on Saturday, and the Atlanta Street Food Festival, Saturday afternoon. Now, in addition, we have:


Pastry and Cappuccino Breakfast at Cakes & Ale
 Paris On Ponce Bastille Day Antiquing
BB&T Atlanta Open FirstServe concert featuring 
Sister Hazel


Just say yes to awesome food, frenchy stuff, and Sister Hazel. It's all for you, after all…


2) Ellie Goulding "Lights"
I'm a little jealous that she gets to date Skrillex, but this album is awesome. I don't usually buy full albums, but every song is so good. Yes, it's high-pitched fairy vocals, but I think of it as a lighter Florence and the Machine, with the perfect balance of electronica and pop. There's a great cover of "Your Song".


3) Reruns of The Hills
This show was my favorite escape during college. For the last three weeks, I've been on my couch watching reruns (and multitasking, of course) in the morning. Don't judge, say yes.


4) Awkward Encounters
I figured we should put ourselves in the uncomfortable situation. Otherwise, it is always going to be an uncomfortable situation.
I'm free the last two weeks of July, if you want to do something, Mary. Yes…?


5) Chocolate Cake
I made a giant, double-layer, double chocolate sour cream cake. Only because, we had leftover sour cream that always seems to go bad. When in doubt, bake a cake? Yes. Not sure if you can handle the massive post-cake sugar high? Have some milk. Now if only I had about 20 people to eat it...


No comments:

Post a Comment