Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Travel Tuesday - Portland, OR

Portland has always been a city I wanted to visit, especially for work. Years and many meetings at various US garden spots went by, and finally I get to visit Oregon this weekend. Maybe it's my affinity for the Northwest and huckleberries, but I am super excited to visit Stumptown! Here is my awesome itinerary for six days in PDX.


Top Down: Rooftop Cinema, watching Hedwig and the Angry Inch
(I'll be missing Flicks on the Bricks, but they have more family fun movies)

Beer/Wine/Food Festivals 
(Sadly, I'll also be missing The Bite of Oregon. Tears…)

Famous Portland Food carts

An Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar tasting at Benessere

(All restaurants come highly recommended by friends, coworkers and OpenTable)
See my list of favorites so far




The historic and independent Powell's Bookshop
Five floors of amazing books on every subject, old and new, by thousands of authors. 
I could spend all day in there.


NikeTown Portland

Portland Walking Tours (I've signed up for the Epicurean Excursion)


The Pearl District for Arts and Culture (and Shopping)
Did you know all the streets here are alphabetical, and were the inspiration for many Simpsons' characters?



Brewery Tours
Did you also know Portland has the most number of breweries per capita of any city on Earth?


Somewhere in planning this little work trip, I've convinced Troy to make Oregon the destination for a future vacation. We'll be touring breweries, the 4T trail, state parks, Crater Lake, Mt. Hood and the Oregon coast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment