Friday, November 22, 2013

Three Months of Searching

I took a break from blogging on this site for two reasons. 

1) We had just moved into our first house, and was dedicated to our house blog, the kit house.

2) My continued job search led me to two new endeavors: a temporary freelance position and a renewed passion for my Alumnae President position.


After three months of planning and new projects and continued job searching, I've noticed a couple things similar to coxing. No matter how much chaos is around us, in the work place or at home, it is important to assert yourself. 

When you get to this point in your coxswain career, things can be amazing. Your rowers and coaches don't second-guess your judgement. You can get into a boat and really push it to fifth gear. You can win races by open water. Now how awesome would it be to have that feeling in your professional career?

If you have the experience and a standard to uphold, fight for it. There is no reason to settle when you know there is room for improvement. If you don't try to make it better, then you have no room to complain. 




This reasoning could be further extrapolated into "coming into your own." I believe this will be a major theme for now and going into next year. No matter how frustrated I get with circumstances, I am confident in my abilities and  what I am able to do is mind-blowing.

I'm no longer finding my voice. I've found it, and am using it for a purpose. 


No comments:

Post a Comment