Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Welcomed Distractions

I don't appreciate waiting for a law firm to kinda, sorta, want to negotiate for our future house, then take a full 48 hours to call back. In lieu of the drama of this latest Kit House development, I've opened myself up to some welcomed distractions.


1) A Healthy Distraction
If we're moving *fingers crossed* by the end of April, that means my gym membership will be coming to an end as well. I've decided to wait on joining a new gym, in order to find a routine at the new place and see if a "sports club" type gym fits. In the meantime, I'll be squeezing as much time at my current gym as I can, with a new goal in mind.

I'm not sure if I'll get to half-marathon shape, but I do have a couple races in the coming months. Couldn't hurt to have a plan…

I've also been taking a multi-vitamin and fish oil supplement. Not sure what I should be expecting on that front.


2) A Musical Distraction
April 21st, Andrew McMahon is playing in Atlanta. My first Something Corporate show resulted in me fainting mid-set, and missing an awesome cover of Hey Ya. I've also had two instances of missing Something Corporate reunion tour shows because I didn't get tickets ahead of time. A solo AM show is worth buying tickets as soon as humanly possible. 


3) A Literary Distraction
The movie Beautiful Creatures intrigued me. So, I picked up the first book. It reads very quickly, like other books in the Teen Paranormal Romance section. I am 450 pages in and ordered the next two books in the series. Not saying it's the great American novel, but it'll do for now. Plus, it helps to have a friend who is a Young Adult Librarian. Her recommendations aren't usually wrong. 


4) A Food Distraction
This weekend is the 2nd Annual Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival in Atlanta. This will be my "reward" for running a 5K trail run that morning. I don't usually go crazy, except at the Firefly table, and for chicken & waffles, and Berry Leinenkugels

5) A Work Distraction
I have a conference to attend for work on Thursday and Friday in Midtown. While this is a welcomed opportunity to get dressed at a normal hour, I also enjoy other perks of working out-of-office: Starbucks, Food Truck Thursday @ 12th and Midtown, Friday happy hour, Bantam & Biddy for dinner. 

See. Totally not worried about finding a house… 

No comments:

Post a Comment