Thursday, March 21, 2013

Popping Up

With any luck, this post will bring my 5,000th page view. Not too bad considering I don't publicly advertise this blog on Facebook. What is it about FB that makes me think that something will come back to bite me in the ass? While I love my friends, I'm not completely comfortable with the inevitable judgement.

Maybe it's a step that I'm not confident enough to take just yet. I'd like to wait until my life is an honest reflection of the persona I want to achieve. It's not about wearing a mask, but being comfortable enough to reveal a certain side of myself.

Right now, I'm exploring alternative opportunities for leadership and development. What ways can I grow as a person, ways that aren't the most obvious? Maybe that includes taking time to nurture creativity. Maybe it's taking time for quiet, or for participating in noise. Maybe it's working on an idea that has been in the back of my mind for a while, or completely changing the scenery.

I've felt for the last couple months that I've been on the cusp, the edge of something. It's probably not a personal breakthrough, but it could be. It would be doing myself a disservice not to explore and experiment; two things I think most people don't do anymore. 


On that note, I've tagged a couple graphics and articles that have inspired me this week. 

Keri Smith: The Rebel's Manifesto
11 Simple Concepts to Become a Better Leader
Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts

The best coloring book, found at the Tate Modern in London.
HeyAmberRae 





No comments:

Post a Comment