Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Book List

Image Credit: Jessica Hagy
Last night, I attended a book reading for Jessica Hagy's new book, How to Be Interesting in 10 Simple Steps. I've always enjoyed her humor and the simplicity of her cartoons. Her columns on Forbes.com were a big factor in the relaunch of this blog last year. 

In the same vein as many of my favorite "How-To"s and Inspirational nonfiction, How to Be Interesting gives you 10 easy steps to show your colors as an interesting person that people gravitate to, while not being boring or condescending. Two things a coxswain definitely should not be.

So, in between listening to coxswain recordings, here are a list of books on my nightstand right now:


1) The Art of Doing: How Superachievers Do What They Do and How They Do It So Well by Camille Sweeney and Josh Gosfield

2) Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Yes, I'm behind. And yes, the books are 7 books, 800+ pages each. This book list might extend into the summer…

3) How to Be Interesting in 10 Simple Steps by Jessica HagyThis isn't a serious sit down and read book, but take in the message. Don't be boring.

4) Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald 
Although I haven't finished the biography of Coco Chanel, this is on the list as my next biography. It'll be my first narrative nonfiction. After Z, the next biography will be Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power, if it ever decides to be printed in paperback.







No comments:

Post a Comment