Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Plan A

My father told me once that you have to have a Plan A. If that doesn't work, you have a Plan B. But, that Plan B is probably a move that will get you back on track, up to Plan A again. 

The more I think about this, the more it confuses me. It says to me that you have one real plan, and everything else is just so you can stick to the plan in some form. It doesn't allow for "going with the flow" or experimenting something new. 

It's been great preparing for this trip London, but I don't want it to seem like I've lost track of my plans for this year:



2) To develop and maintain a functional Florida Crew Alumni network
The alumni rep and I have created a Florida Crew Fan page on Facebook and that has been very effective in reaching new people. It has been met with great enthusiasm and we've been getting great engagement. This will be just one of the many steps to foster alumni interest and participation.

4) I will find a great house for our move, and create a creative and efficient work and living space
This process has taken much longer than we accounted. We've put in two failed bids, and now a third that we're waiting to hear from. I haven't updated The Kit House blog, since we don't know anything yet, and I don't want to become too invested in this house, in case we don't get it. Something I've been guilty of for the last two. 

7) I will find a new job that is both challenging and well-paying.
I admit to stalling a bit in this department. I didn't want to get a new job and jeopardize our credit before buying the new house. I haven't been as avid in looking, but after this trip, I'm hoping to turn it around. I've put out about 15 applications so far, and am still waiting. But in the meantime, I have been  making tracks with  my other "extracurriculars."

8) I will run at least 7 races.
I just registered for the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th, as well as penciling in an 8K next month. Those will be races #2 and #3 for the year. I've already skipped out on two races this year due to weather. As much as I want to reach this goal, I like having toes and fingers more.


I realize amongst all these goals, there is no Plan A. In fact, I don't have a life plan. It's a blank slate at this point. I want to be open for what happens, and I DON'T want to base my life on one thing, or one job. 

This process isn't going to be a straight line. It's in fact more like a tree. As it grows, it branches out, creating a fuller life. However, it's still growing, and in one upward direction. 

I may not know where I'm going (exactly), but it will be awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment